Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com|
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"I'm not a rock star. I'm a soft person. I'm not a rock." (Captain Beefheart)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x M a y 2020
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to Let It Be by The Beatles, In The Wake Of Poseidon by King Crimson, The Who's Live At Leeds and the classic single "All Right Now " b/w "Mouthful of Grass" by Free.
- Happy 40th Anniversary to Travelogue by Human League, Peter Gabriel's third album, just called
Peter Gabriel (like his two previous), The Correct Use Of Soap by the great (greatest?) Magazine, The Beat's debut album I Just Can't Stop It, The Cramps' ditto Songs The Lord Taught Us, Suicide: Alan Vega and Martin Rev by Suicide, Three Mantas by Cabaret Voltaire and Siouxsie And The Banshees' ace single "Christine" b/w "Eve White Eve Black".
- Happy 30th Anniversary to The Internationale by Billy Bragg, Manscape by Wire, Famlende Forsøk's Ars Transmutatoria, the first two EPs Screaming Life/Fopp on one LP by Soundgarden and the debut album Pod by The Breeders.
- Happy 25th Anniversary to Electr-O-Pura by Yo La Tengo, The Apples In Stereo's debut Fun Trick Noisemaker,
Grand Prix by Teenage Fanclub, the debut album I Should Coco by Supergrass, Opeth's Orchid and the single "Common People" (b/w "Underwear") by Pulp.
- Happy 20th Anniversary to NYC Ghosts & Flowers by Sonic Youth, The ConstruKction Of Light by King Crimson,
Oops!... I Did It Again by Britney Spears, Motörhead's We Are Motörhead, Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP, XTC's swan song Wasp Star (Apple Venus Volume 2) and Stereolab's EP The First Of The Microbe Hunters.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959]|
© 1996-2019 Luna Kafé |