Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com|
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"Rock music is mostly about moving big black boxes from one side of town to the other in the back of your car." (Pere Ubu)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x J u n e 2020
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th Anniversary to Deep Purple In Rock by Deep Purple, Barclay James Harvest's self-titled debut album,
Home by Procol Harum, Third by Soft Machine, Tangerine Dream's debut album Electronic Meditation, Parachute by The Pretty Things,
no less than three albums on the classic Vertigo label, namely Gasoline Alley by Rod Stewart, ... Very 'Eavy ... Very 'Umble by Uriah Heep and From Home To
Home by Fairfield Parlour. Also two debut albums by bands formed by members who had left Fairport Convention about six months earlier: Fotheringay's self-titled album
and Hark! The Village Wait by Steeleye Span.
- Happy 40th Anniversary to I'm A Rebel by Accept, Uprising by Bob Marley & The Wailers, The Blue Meaning by
Toyah, Cultösaurus Erectus by Blue Öyster Cult, our eternal favourite The Soft Boys' Underwater Moonlight,
ditto Pere Ubu's The Art Of Walking and the single Babooshka b/w Ran Tan Waltz by Kate Bush.
- Happy 30th Anniversary to 10 by The Stranglers (Dave Greenfield RIP!), A Catholic Education, the debut album by Teenage
Fanclub, Sonic Youth's Goo, The Kronos Quartet's Black Angels and the EP New Art Riot by Manic Street Preachers.
- Happy 25th Anniversary to Paul Weller's Stanley Road, Infernal Love by Therapy?, Fugazi's Red Machine,
Post by Björk and A Northern Soul by The Verve.
- Happy 20th Anniversary to Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant by Belle And Sebastian, The White Stripes'
De Stijl and the debut album ÖÖ Void by Sunn O))).
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959]|
© 1996-2019 Luna Kafé |