Luna Kafé e-zine - lunakafe.com|
Welcome to ...
The Global Music Inn
Our full moon menus consist of
musical dishes from many corners of the world,
composed by our world wide web of contributors.
A last menu was presented on the full moon night of
January 12th 2017, and we're now on permanent vacation. However, every now and then we'll launch some spontaneous, impromptu, improvised or ad hoc articles.
Foggy notions, whimsical moves, etc. Watch this space!
Archive of menus
"There is no such thing as good or bad music. Only good and bad listeners" (John Peel)
L u n a K a f é H Q J u k e b o x M a r c h 2023
[J u b i l e e s : reappearances, recurring & reoccurring moments]
- Happy 50th anniversary to For Your Pleasure by Roxy Music, Larks' Tongues In Aspic by King Crimson, Closing Time by Tom Waits, A Wizard, A True Star by Todd Rundgren, Byrds the final album by The Byrds, Houses Of The Holy by Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd's The Dark Side Of The Moon, Atem by Tangerine Dream, Grand Hotel by Procol Harum, the solo debut Twice Removed From Yesterday by Robin Thrower (ex. Procol Harum), Heart Food by Judee Sill, In Deep by Argent, ELO2 by Electric Light Orchestra, Cosmic Wheels by Donovan, Ooh La La by Faces, Penguin by Fleetwood Mac and the singles 20th Century Boy/Free Angel by T. Rex and My Love/The Mess by Paul McCartney And Wings.
- Happy 40th anniversary to Legendary Hearts by Lou Reed, The Abominable Snowman by Nick Lowe, Dazzle Ships by Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, the debut album The Hurting by Tears For Fears, Pink Floyd's The Final Cut, the soundtrack album Baby Snakes and the ordinary album The Man From Utopia by Frank Zappa and the singles Blue Monday b/w the Beach or Thieves Like Us (depending on the format) by New Order, Let's Dance/Cat People (Putting Out Fire) by David Bowie and the debut Speak Like A Child/Party Chambers by Style Council.
- Happy 30th Anniversary to the eponymous debut albums by Frank Black and Suede, the debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? by The Cranberries, The Kinks' final album (so far) Phobia, Songs Of Faith And Devotion by Depeche Mode, For The Beauty Of Wynona by Daniel Lanois and the EP Space Age Batchelor Pad Music by Stereolab.
- Happy 25th anniversary to Pennsylvania by Pere Ubu, TNT by Tortoise, This Is Hardcore by Pulp, Curve' Come Clean, Guilty 'til Proved Innocent! by The Specials, Snake Bite Love by Motörhead, Trust Us by Motorpsycho and the EP SYR3: Invito al ćielo by Sonic Youth.
- Happy 20th anniversary to the final studio albums Nevermynd The Hillocks (Treble Without A Cause by The Tables, Likferd by Windir and The Powe To Believe by King Crimson, and The Benevolent Volume Lurkings EP by Xploding Plastix.
|[Photo above by Dave Heath, from Street Seen: The Psychological Gesture in American Photography, 1940-1959. The Jukebox lists are also published at our LunaKafeHQ on Facebook.]|
© 1996-2019 Luna Kafé |